Monday, June 22, 2015

mmmmeditate. . .


  
when i woke today i was in one of those random ‘me time’ moods. yeah, i know i’m surprised too. this is almost as impossible as saying Michael Jackson is a white man! or maybe. . .
the result was my staying in bed in an attempt to sleep late. i fondled my laptop for things to do, ended up working. i know its against the code of conduct. i am not supposed to be working on me time day.
so i suddenly came up with a brilliant idea to meditate. after googling a few techniques i lay on my bed, slowly taking deep breathes. my body actually reacting to my sorry attempts. i was kicking ass at this.
suddenly my door violently opened jerking me up. my 1year old nephew walks in, feet slapping the floor as cute as ever. he pointed to his jacket.
“wow josh, thats a great jacket!”
he smiles and leaves satisfied. i lay on my back, closed my eyes and started taking deep breathes and relaxing. my heart rate was slowing down. i figured any slower i’d be meeting st paul. i suppressed a giggle with a frown of disapproval. i had to be serious to nail this.
i must have done it all too well, i figured, when i turned over to my side and pulled the blanket over my shoulder. . .
zzZzz

No comments:

Post a Comment