Monday, June 22, 2015

wonderful awesomeness…or not


  
When you want to go to a function that people get down on the dance floor and eat meat like a pride of lions…this is the place. I almost forgot how incredible it is to be around loud meat loving people whom i know. It was my uncle’s birthday, he turned a sexy 69 (year if you’re dyke hopefully you’re fast enough to get that! lol) He is the eldest of 11 children in my father’s family! Yes! My grandma Johannah was a very strong woman!
He managed to get my cousins and aunts and uncles i hadn’t seen in a long time. It was absolutely great catching up, and even greater standing behind my camera, privileged to be capturing and documenting moments in this incredibly unpredictable life of mine. When my kids turn 13, they are in trouble, there will be lots of history lessons and of course appreciation of culture and tradition. I love my culture and as much there are somethings i dislike, its a beautiful world:)
The party kicked of in full swing with lots of school boy/college boy stories of my uncle. His pursuit of his now wife  and education. Long short they called him a wonderful man. I snapped at the family most of the time, trying to get as many memories recorded in my camera – it had been a while since we had the time.  I was called  by my sisters mother in law, she bragged to her friend a medical doctor sitting next to her of my amazing personality and excellent manners! :) what can i say? my awesomeness is undeniable:P
mother inlaw:  she is so wonderful, this girl
doctor friend: she is! she looks very responsible
she smiling up at me as i stand between the women, the mother in law squeezing my hand to death.
mother-inlaw:  A good woman like this deserves happiness
doctor friends: yes, you know what that means eh?
The two women wore their smirks.My sister’s mother in law looks up at me   pleased of the unspoken strategy they had suddenly come up with. I searched both their faces, one after the other. The both grinned
“We are going to find you a good MAN!!”

No comments:

Post a Comment